Thursday, October 13, 2011

The big fall

So Max had surgery a couple of weeks ago and I have been taking care of him and loving every minute of it!  Really, I have!  It was nice to slow down and spend quiet time together.  He is doing really well and his recovery is coming along quiet nice.  He finally got out the other day and drove down the street to a neighbors house.  While he was gone I was home with the kids and needed to iron a few things.  I set the ironing board up in the laundry room, sprayed the clothes down with starch and went to get my bottle of water while the iron heated up.  Apparently, some of the spray starch got on the tile and made it very slick!  When I walked back into the laundry room both feet flew right out from under me!!!  I hit the dryer and then the floor...HARD!  I knew immediately that I had hurt my leg.  I thought it was broken!  I couldn't move it and it felt like my knee cap was twisted.  All my boys came running in when they heard me fall.  I started asking them if they could see anything...like a BONE, sticking out of my leg!  hahhaah  They said no and I had Hunter call Max to come back home.  I could not get up!  I suddenly realized what it felt like to be an older person taking a fall!!!  Max came in and I was STILL sprawled out on the floor!  Of course he couldn't help me up, after having hernia surgery, he still couldn't lift anything over 5 pounds, and I am ever so slightly over that weight limit!!  hehe  Two of the boys helped me to the couch and Max came over to access the damage!  All I knew was that IT HURT!!!  Having 8 boys in the house, I not only had an audience, but lots of little "helpers".  Before I knew it, a few of the boys had gone out to the garage and collected me a set of crutches.  I stayed on the couch for a while and put ice on my knee.  After a few hours I guess the rest of my body realized we had fallen because my back and yes, my HIP, were hurting!!  hahaha 

My first attempt to take a trip to the bathroom using my crutches was quiet an adventure.  When I was preoccupied I seem to have lost every single bit of coordination in my body!  The more I used the crutches the worse it got!  Finally yesterday (2 days after my fall), Max took me to the doctor.  They wanted to take x-rays.  Not thinking before we took off to the doctor, I was wearing a sundress!  Some of the postions they had me in on the x-ray table were just WRONG!!  There is nothing broken but the doctor said there could be other damage to my knee.  I am in a brace and still on crutches but I am believing for a complete recovery, and one withOUT surgery!  I did put a little weight on it this afternoon so I am on my way to walking free of assistance!  On top of all of this, I had just started exercising and changing my diet to live healthier.  I have lost 20 pounds over the last 5 weeks and now I'm stuck on the couch!  There are times of the day that I can HEAR the cookies in the kitchen calling out to me!  BUT....I will walk soon without crutches and I will exercise again...SOON!  I have a friend helping me change my eating habits.  I am keeping a food diary and I have discovered that I eat like a 10 year old!  Changes are on the way!  GOOD changes!  I know that the devil would love for this to get me down but too bad for him because I will NOT let this short time of being down define my progress!!!  I am pressing on!  At least I am getting some upper body workout!! 

Lesson to be learned:  Never allow the attack of the enemy over ride the VICTORY of Jesus!!!!  I have VICTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!  I am speaking healing and I am claiming my health!  Supernatural healing is MINE =) 


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. The core workout tissues is with performing planks. This exercise doesn’t require any gear, but to present comfort, having a yoga mat may be ideal. This train starts off with the person confronted down on her stomach with arms tucked beneath the chest to make a triangle.

    ReplyDelete