Friday, September 23, 2011

The Lotus

I am a lover of flowers.  I cannt grow them but I do love to receive them!  Of all the flowers, the Lotus is my favorite.  

The lotus is an Asian water lily known for the delicate beauty of its water flowers. It possesses an amazing ability to flourish in a variety of environments ranging from clear ponds to muddy marshes. It is also known for its exceptionally hearty seedpods, which often plant themselves far from its source, bringing the beauty of the lotus blossoms everywhere.  The stem is very long and goes deep into the soil under the water.  As the lotus reaches the top of the water it blooms towards the sun!  I just love that!

Like the lotus, when we look upon the face of the Son, it doesn't matter that we have been in the muddy marsh, He makes us bloom beautiful!  Because our root is deep in the good soil, and our seedpods are hearty, we can plant the seed of Daddy God's blessings near and far!!!  We have the ability to be a part of producing other lotus flowers. 

I know there is a lot of information out there about these beautiful flowers.  I do not agree with all of it.  I do, however, think they are a symbol of how Daddy God brings beauty from ashes.  It doesn't matter how we start, or what we have been through, if we look upon the face of the Son and trust in Him, He will make us perfect in His eyes =)   






Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment