Saturday, September 10, 2011

Remembering 9/11

It is hard for me to believe it has been ten years!  Ten years since things were forever changed in this country.  I remember that day very clearly.  Along with two friends of mine, the three of us had just started a small preschool through our church.  We had converted the church parsonage into a place to care for children.  My son was in the third grade and was at school.  The kids in our preschool were playing and I got a phone call from my mom, telling me there had been a plane crash into a building in New York and to turn on the TV.  We turned on the news and as we were watching the news the second plane crashed into the other tower!!  RIGHT BEFORE OUR EYES!!!  I heard the news person say something about it being a terror attack and all I wanted to do was go get my son from school and have him with ME!  We watched the news coverage all day in disbelief in all that was going on.  When the towers fell we were speechless!!!  It just all seemed to be a dream, or like a movie.  At the end of the day when I was home safe with my family I knew that things were going to be different.  Over the next few days there were gatherings and church services and people seemed to be seeking God like never before!  My husband and I had many talks about how we, as Christians, were in a position to bring TRUTH to desperate people!  We prayed for the church to rise up and recognize her place and responsibility!  I believe there were a lot of good that followed this tragedy.  There has also been some damage that only God can repair.  I pray that as we remember all that happened on that day and all the days that followed, we can look to Daddy God like never before!  Seek His Wisdom and guidance.  Do you remember how we all reached out to our fellow HUMANS!  We were not looking at rich/poor, black/white, lost/saved,  ect......we saw each other has humans living in a scary time, and we helped one another.  My prayer today is that we don't just look back at how we WERE, but strive to regain some of that love and concern we had for others.  God is LOVE, and LOVE trumps everything else!!!!! 

I want to encourage you to share your stories from 9/11.  Share your thoughts.  Share your dreams of the future.  Share your prayers!!!  This blog is open to anyone who wants to share.

LOVE, not time, heals all wounds....LET LOVE DO ITS JOB! 


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment