Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Praying Parent

I always knew I wanted to be a mommy.  As a young girl I would play house and I always had lots of babies!  After I got married I had a lot of female issues and was told I would not be able to get pregnant.  I never really believed it but it took us almost 5 years to get pregnant with my son.  I was so excited I could hardly stand myself!  The day I found out, I was only 7 weeks and I went to the store and bought maternity clothes!   hahaha


I loved being pregnant!  After Hunter was born I experienced a level of love that I never knew existed!  I wanted him to always have the very best of everything.  When he was a toddler Max and I started praying for Hunter's future wife!  It seemed a little strange at first but we knew that God would honor our prayers for our son.  We have prayed for Hunter to always make wise decisions when it came to relationships.  We have prayed for him to resist temptation and trust that Daddy God was growing and preparing his mate for just the right time.  We also prayed for Hunter's future mate.  We have prayed for her to grow strong in the Lord and resist temptation.  We have prayed for her protection. 

When Hunter was old enough we began to encourage him to pray for his future mate as well.  Max and I have tried to live out our marriage as an example to Hunter.  When it came to dating, we talked to him about how the world views dating vs. how God intended it.  I do not believe you have to "try out" different people until you find the one that bests fits!  There is nothing wrong with going out and enjoying friends, but as for as relationships, we believe the Lord will make it clear if we are searching HIM! 

Max and I did NOT go about relationships the way we should have!  As we both look back we can see how, with each relationship, we gave a piece of ourselves that were intended for each other!  I gave pieces of myself away that I should have been more protective over.  God's way is ALWAYS the best way!!! 

So, I shared all of this to encourage other parents.  I believe Daddy God has heard our prayers and is now honoring His promise!  Hunter is in love with the girl his daddy and I have prayed for all of these years!  It is never too early to start praying for your children's future!  We spoke love over Hunter.   Danille, Hunter's girlfriend, who we like to call the GOD-SEND, loves our baby boy!  I trust her with his heart and we love her with all of our hearts!  God is faithful and He is so good =)  By the way, Danille's parents prayed the same prayers over her throughout her life as well.  I am so thankful that as much as love my son, his heavenly Father loves him beyond and has nothing but the absolute best for him! 

I'm sharing a few photos of my baby boy and the very best God has blessed him with!   If you do not know Hunter and Danille, let me tell you that they are such a blessing!!!  There were destined to change their world =) 














Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment