Sunday, July 3, 2011

The Fool In The Pool

I just love being in the HOUSE of The LORD!!!!  Today was an awesome time!  I was blessed and challenged!  I also found out who I was...but I will get to that later =)

The pastor talked this morning about how deep we go with God.  Sometimes we just get ankle deep in the Living Water, while other times we go deeper.  I  love the analogy of water.  The water moves, like The Holy Spirit, the water is refreshing like God The Father, on a hot summer day the water is inviting, like JESUS! 

Think about swimming with the Lord.  Going with the flow of the water.  Just being lead to go where He goes!!!  The beauty of the LIVING WATER is, you cannot get too deep!  There is always deeper water and Daddy God is always right there to make sure you don't drown! 

Picture this:  If you are a woman you will be able to relate to this!  You are at the pool.  You washed AND fixed your hair this morning and all you came to do is lay out on your raft!  You do not, I repeat, do NOT want to get your hair wet!!!  As you slip into the shallow end, preparing to mount your raft.....there he is!  It is usually a kid or a middle aged man trying to BE a kid!  Either way, every pool, ocean, and lake has one, they are THE FOOL IN THE POOL!!!  They are having fun, splashing around, jumping in doing cannonballs and jack-knifes!!!  They do not pay attention to you OR your hair!  They have come for the sole purpose of enjoying the water and all it has to offer!  Just as you attempt to mount your raft you hear the unmistakable sound of WoooHoooo followed by the wave of water that saturates your entire head of hair!!!

Now that you have that picture, and maybe the flashbacks!  Ask yourself this question....Who is having more fun??  Who is not allowing anyone else to ruin their good time???  Who is receiving all the benefits of the water?  Yep, that would the the FOOL IN THE POOL!!! 

Now, lets relate this back to the Living Water.  Do you just wade in enough to cool off?  Maybe you go in and swim for a little while, but your trips to the pool are few and far between.  For years I just sat on the bank!  I was saved and had all access to the entire pool, but for whatever reason, I didn't take advantage of it!  Then as I got closer to God, I would go in the pool and even splash around for a bit, but I still wasn't enjoying it like I should.  I think part of me thought that I didn't deserve all access.  The enemy deceives us into thinking this way!  That is why it is so important to KNOW God's Word!  His Word is what we use to prove the lies of the enemy!!!

Anyone who knows me or just follows my blog, knows that Daddy God has birthed a dream in my heart that has me about to burst with excitement!!  In fact, if I use the word EXCITED one more time, the people around me are going to scream!!!  As I was writing this post I got a call from a friend that Daddy God has opened ANOTHER door for me!!  I told her that I needed to find another word because I have over used the word EXCITED!!!!  hahahaha  So today I discovered that, I AM....THE FOOL IN THE POOL!!!
Yep, that's me out here enjoying the Living Water. Enjoying just being with Jesus.  This is me out here splashing around getting everyone else wet!  To be honest with you, as much as I am enjoying being here in the WATER, I long to go into the DEEP!!!  To be completely submerged in the goodness of  Daddy God! 

Where are YOU in the Water?  Are you even IN the Water? 

I hope that you are challenged, like I was, to swim deep and swim often =)    Most of all, ENJOY THE LIVING WATER!!!!!!

Dare to be...... THE FOOL IN THE POOL!!!!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely LOVE this Teena! I wanna be a FOOL, too! Cannonballs and all!!!

    ReplyDelete