Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Who Shrunk My Clothes???

Well, In light of my day yesterday, I must blog this!  I was contacted last week about doing a TV interview and I was so excited that I was being given this opportunity.  I briefly though about what I might wear but I thought, I have a whole week to figure that out.  I honestly thought I would have a hard time choosing from all my clothes, what I would wear!  I then switched my thoughts to what all I wanted to share during the interview.  I have daydreamed about how it will go!  So late yesterday evening (the eve of the tapping of the interview), I walked into my closet and began to separate my clothes into possible outfits to wear for the show.  I didn't want to wear a dress so those were out right off the bat.  I then started trying on some of the articles I had chosen to be worthy of TV!  After about 10 minutes of this I thought......WHO THE HECK SHRUNK ALL MY CLOTHES???!!!???

I stay home all day with the kids so my dress attire is stretch pants and t-shirts, shorts, and some days my PJ's!!!  There are some days that I don't even put on shoes!!!  I knew immediately that I was in deep trouble!  I walked into the kitchen where Max was, with the best I had on to model for him.....he shook his head NO!  NO????  I almost didn't have the nerve to tell him, THIS IS IT BABY!!!  This is the best of the best!  I walked back into my closet and looked again but still could not make anything work. 

If I thought I was bad off before I really KNEW it when my sweet husband said these seven words to me....."Let me come with you and help"  WOW!  I really MUST find a photo of what he deems appreciate to wear!!!!!! Hahahahhaha

After coming to terms with my situation (and some amazing support and advice from a friend), AND money from the hubby, I set out to purchase an outfit for my interview! 

I really do amaze myself sometimes!  As I began to shop I felt so out of place!  I found it hard to put things together!  I used to have STYLE!  I really did.  All I could think was that I wish I had someone there to just dress me and make me look cute!!!  hahaha   Well, I managed to make my first purchase, BLACK PANTS!!  Really???  Why do I always do that?!  Then I went into one of those stores that brings out the 15 year old in me!  I think there really is a 15 year old stuck in this 42 year old body!  Anyway, after going though my very own style show in the dressing room I chose a top half to go with my blank pants and headed out the door.  On my way out I walked though the SHOE DEPARTMENT!!!  I know better than to do this, but I did!  Of course there they were...cute shoes...ON CLARENCE!!!  Was this my reward???!!  I think so!  I bought the shoes and the joy and happiness that came over me was unbelievable!!!  There really is power in the shoes!  hehehe

I wish I could bring out some biblical truth in these events but all I can think about now is preparing for my interview!!!  I am very lucky to have people who support me and encourage me during the times like yesterday.  It may not seem that important to some people....and maybe it shouldn't be THAT important to me.  But it was and those that were there with an encouraging word really got me through my little emotional spell =)  THANK YOU!!!!!

I think I am just as excited to wear my new shoes as I am to do this show!!!  (See....15 year old)!  It's hard to keep her down sometimes!



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment