Saturday, June 25, 2011

Don't Be Satan's Assistant

First of all I am NOT talking about anyone specific in this blog!  hahaaha   After several messages from people this message came up in my spirit.  I have spent time with Daddy God on this subject and He has settled it in me through His Word!

Jesus replied, " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'  This is the first and greatest commandment.  And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'  All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:37-39). 

God is LOVE and we have to accept LOVE before we can give love!  You cannot give what you do not have.  The command He gives is simple, Love Him and because of that love we can love others.  Because of that love we DESIRE to love others!  God Love desires to put others before ourselves.  It's first instinct is to protect the reputation of each other!  To guard them from the attack of the enemy! 

Jesus is our example in that He desires for us to be successful.  The best leader is a good servant!  (I always tell my boys that) One who will assist and do all that they can to make someone else successful.  They are not concerned about how THEY look but about coming along side others to insure the best outcome for all.  You cannot bully others into following your lead!  Well, maybe for a little while but it is not lasting!  Jesus does not intimidate his children so why would we think this tactic is ok?  The secret to all of this is to have a teachable spirit!  None of us have attained perfection, therefore we all have room for improvement.  Each of us can learn from someone else and we all have something others can learn from us! 

I love photography as a hobby!  I love to take unique photos and I really love the editing process.  I do not have a lot of knowledge, I just point and shoot!  I do, however, have several friends who are professional photographers.  They have God given talents in the area of photography (as well as other areas).  I am in awe of their work, but I am most impressed with the fact that they share what they have learned with others in their field!  They do not look at each other as competition but as Sisters in Christ!!!  They have shared not only their expertise but their equipment with me when I needed it!  They have a genuine desire to see the other succeed.  THIS IS WHAT JESUS IS TALKING ABOUT!  Come along side, hold one another up!  Build each other up so that we are ALL strong and can go out and BE CHRIST in this world!  When we do this Daddy God is PLEASED!!!!

I hope that this is not only a reminder but a challenge to look inside our hearts and evaluate why we do what we do.  Are we putting others first?  Are we loving others with the love of God?  Are we speaking to each other in love?  Get real with God because HE IS REAL and He knows the intentions of our hearts!  We may have others fooled (usually not though) but we cannot fool God! 

Our desire should be to protect the integrity of our Brothers and Sisters in Christ!  The world attacks us everyday and tries to tear us down.  Let us stand guard for each other against the attack of the enemy!  Don't be Satan's assistant!!! 


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Good word today!! God Bless You

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES!!!! God is using you in amazing ways! I love it!

    ReplyDelete