Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Mustard Seed

Matthew 13:31-32    He told them another parable: “The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed, which a man took and planted in his field. 32 Though it is the smallest of all seeds, yet when it grows, it is the largest of garden plants and becomes a tree, so that the birds come and perch in its branches.”

We hear a lot about having faith as small as a mustard seed but I think we miss what is beyond that small seed.  We get a bit comfortable with that small faith.  A seed doesn't stay a seed forever!  You plant the seed and it either grows or dies!!!  It all depends on how it is cared for. The mustard seed is the smallest but when it grows it becomes a tree large enough to be a shelter!!!  That is amazing to me!  That is what WE are to do...become so strong in Christ that we are shelter!  We are not small and meek, clinging onto the smallest of faith.  We allow Daddy God to GROW us up big and strong in all that He is!  ALL that He created us to be!!! 

What is seed?  The "seed" is the Word of God!  It is planted in us when we read it and it is rooted in us when we KNOW it and BELIEVE it!  Once we receive this seed we are given opportunities to then plant into the lives of others!  The seed of The Father is eternal!!!!! 

When I welcomed God, Jesus AND The Holy Spirit to dwell within me, a great life started growing!  I was filled with HOPE!  I say to the Kingdom of God, come invade me like the mustard seed!  Grow tall within me, so that my life, my faith, through Your grace might be enough to become a shelter for the birds of the air!  I do not fear the invasion of the Kingdom- I pray for it (like the mustard seed) to GROW within me!!!!

It is suggested that Jesus could have chosen a genuine tree for the parable, and that the mustard plant demonstrated that, though the dominion appeared small, it would inexorably grow into something large and firmly rooted and become shelter for those who need it!!! 

Thank You Holy Spirit for revealing this TRUTH to me!  I strive to GROW in my FAITH, to BE SHELTER!  While it is only required to have faith as small as a mustard seed, may we all THIRST  for MORE and find that we can quench that thirst with THE LIVING WATER!!! 


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment