Saturday, May 7, 2011

The Call

I have had people ask me, "what do you do?'  I tell them.  Then they ask, "how did you get involved in that ministry?"  So I thought I would just share our story of how we found ourselves at Watersprings Ranch!

In 2006 I was directing a preschool out of our church and Max was managing a local grocery store.  Hunter was in Jr. High.  When Hunter was about 4 years old Max and I decided to try to have another baby.  I had some health issues that prevented me from getting pregnant so we tried fertility drugs.  We went through a couple of rounds without success.  I always knew that we would have more kids but I was very frustrated with my body and it's refusal to cooperate!  We just continued on with life enjoying Hunter along the way but still longing for more children.  Max and I had talked off and on about adoption but we couldn't afford all the cost.  We tried to do foster care but we were unable to do that either.  So, in 2006 a friend of mine from out of town called me to tell me she knew of a woman who was pregnant and not able to keep the baby.  She wanted to find a family for her unborn child.  I immediately said YES!  Max said NO!  After a LOT of prayer We agreed to move forward with bringing this baby into our family.  We planned and prepared for the addition to our family.  We prayed for our baby and for the mother who was carrying her.  During a VBS at our church my friend had to deliver the heartbreaking news to me that the mother of "our" child had aborted the baby!  I do not even have words to describe what I was feeling.  I felt like someone had punched me in the gut!!!  I found an empty room, sat in the floor and just cried. 

Very soon after that (within the week), someone told me about Watersprings Ranch.  We knew very little about the Ranch.  We knew some of the kids because they had attended our church over the years.  I told Max that I thought this was a ministry that we were being called into.  He did NOT agree!  After a LOT of prayer we visited the Ranch.  As we drove onto the property there was a peace that came over me and I knew that God had called us here and He would speak to Max.  He did changed Max's heart and by July 2006 we had given away almost ALL of our belongings and moved to the Ranch with our boys!  We went from a family of 3 to a family of 11 overnight!!!  And we LOVED it!!!! 

So we live in a boy's home that houses up to 8 boys at a time.  Watersprings has 2 boys homes and 2 girls homes.  I am going to post a link to Watersprings Ranch at the end of this post and I encourage you to check it out!!!  It is an amazing ministry and we are so blessed to be a part of what God is doing here to break cycles of abuse and bringing these children into a relationship with Christ!!! 

So, that is the story of out journey to Watersprings Ranch =)  I am not allowed to post photos of the kids, but there are photos on the website. 

I have to add this about the events that occurred during our journey here:  I do NOT believe it was God's Will for that unborn baby, that He created, to be killed!  There are lessons to be learned, and there was growth because of what happened, but it was NOT God's plan!  I do not blame God for it, I thank Him for loving us through it =) 

Please visit the website and if you have any questions please feel free to send them to me!

http://watersprings.com/index.htm
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment