Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Prayer, Power and Authority

These three words really say it all.  It is hard to use one without the others.  When we pray, we don't just ask God for stuff, we praise Him and command things, in HIS NAME!  By using our authority we are proving who God is!  You wouldn't call things out in His Name if you didn't expect Him to do it, would you?  I think a lot of times we get weak in prayer.  I know for me, there have been many times when I have allowed the enemy to sway me into thinking that there are things that God may not "want" to do, so I leave it alone. 

I'm going to tell you a story:  Several years ago, along with some of my coworkers, I went to a training class a couple of hours away.  The weather was really bad and it rained on us the whole trip.  As we got a few miles from our destination we came up on a really bad wreck.  All we could  tell was that it involved a small truck and a semi.  The little truck looked pretty bad and we could also tell that it had just happened because there were no emergency vehicles there yet, but we could see them coming.  There were people around the scene.  I was driving and I  turned to my friend and said pray for those people!  She immediately began to pray and we all joined in agreement with her. 

We went on to our training but I just could not get that off my mind.  My mother lives about 5 miles from where all this had occurred so I called her during one of our breaks and asked her if there was anything on the news about this wreck.  She said she had not heard about it but that she was working later that night and if she found out anything she would call me.  My mother is a nurse at a hospital.  My friends and I talked about it off and on but I just had a stirring in my spirit that would not let up!  I needed to know what happened to those people!

We finished up our day of training a drove back home.  Later that night my mother called me and said, "You are not going to believe this..."  The driver of that car was taken to the hospital and was MY MOMS PATIENT!!!  The emergency people and doctors said they could not understand how she made it out of that wreck as well off as she did!  There was also a child in the backseat that was perfectly fine!!!  As soon as I got off the phone I began to thank God!  He not only heard our prayers and answered them, He saw fit to make sure I KNEW He had taken care of them!  Because He is concerned about the matters of my heart.  I also got this vision in my spirit of Satan pulling on that lady (trying to take her), but because we claimed OUR AUTHORITY through prayer, she was saved!  It was like we said, "No, No, Satan, you will NOT get this one!"  NOT ON OUR WATCH!!!!!  He HAD to let her go because IN THE NAME OF JESUS WE CLAIMED HER!!! 

Many times I sense in my spirit to pray for someone and I go back to that day and that wreck.  I may be in town running errands and get a tug in my gut to drive by my son's school and just plead the blood over the school.  I will drive all around the outside of the school and just call for protection over the kids and teachers and workers.  There have been times that I feel impressed to pray specifically for "anyone who walks onto the property."  I KNOW that those prayers have stopped the plan of the enemy!  See, we don't have to wait for something to happen to pray.  We can actually pray and prevent things!  (Psalm 91)

By renewing our minds (ALL THE TIME), we become sensitive to the things that go on in the spirit realm and adjust ourselves accordingly.  This used to all sound way out there to me!  It not only is confirmed in
God's Word, but I have experienced it FIRST HAND and I have been convinced of it's reality! 

I know there are those who will say things like, what if it was God's Will for this or that to happen?  That is why renewing our minds is SO IMPORTANT!  When we know the nature of Daddy God and we know His Word, then we know how to pray!  John 10:10 tells us that it is the enemy (Satan) who comes to kill, steal, and destroy....to take us out!  But God comes to GIVE LIFE!  Give ABUNDANT life!  So I know that The Life Giver did not try to take the lady in that wreck!  It was the LIFE THIEF!  Satan!  And we have authority over that! 

Bad things happen; Satan wins a few small battles, but THE VICTORY is CHRIST!!!  It was not God's Will for me to be raped.  It IS His Will for me to live a life of VICTORY!  The enemy has won many small battles in my life but the Victory covers them all.  God took what the enemy did to me and bound him up for it!  That is how I am able to live a life of JOY, PEACE, FREEDOM, and LOVE!!!!!!  And that my friends is why am so passionate about this message of knowing Who we belong to!  I am a precious child of Daddy God and I will NOT be made to feel any less!


Be blessed today and be aware of things going on around you.  Be aware of the things going on within you.  Pay attention to those "gut checks", when you feel deep in your gut that you need to be alert, and take action! 

BLESSED TO BE A BLESSING!

No comments:

Post a Comment