Friday, May 20, 2011

Freedom in Letting Go

There is freedom in letting go of things that either we can't control or things that simply do not matter.  I have learned (mostly the hard way) that it is very selfish to hold a grudge.  It is damaging to hold on to hurts.  I have been treated badly in my lifetime and people have hurt me in ways that I did not deserve but for me to hold on to that only gives the enemy a foothold in my life!  I spent too many years holding on to all the hurt.  I missed out on so much joy because my attention was focused on that hurt.  Then I went through a time when I decided to let it go but I settled on the fact that I had lost that time.  I would just move on and accept things lost and just hope for better things to come.  Then The Holy Spirit spoke to my spirit and assured me that not only would all those things be restored to me but Daddy God goes above an beyond when it comes to restoring His children!!!  As I released the hurt feelings, guilt, self blame and even the hard feelings I had towards other people, something amazing began to happen in my heart!  It grew deeper and deeper to where I was able to hold more and more of the LOVE that God had for me.  The LOVE He wanted to give to me and the LOVE He wanted to show THROUGH me =)  I became a LOVE CONTAINER!  The more of self I released, the more of Him I became.  I could, for the first time, see others as Jesus saw them.  I was beginning to love others in a way I have never experienced before. 

There have been many things I have had to "let go" of and allow The Lord to take over.  I believe that with the Love of Jesus, there is no relationship that is beyond His ability to completely restore!!!  When those relationships are restored the very face of Daddy God is shown =) 

There are still times when the devil will bring something (or someone) to my mind and I can feel those old hurts trying to surface.  At that very moment I have a choice to make.  I can either allow myself to respond to those feelings in a damaging way by dwelling on them.  I mean there have been times when an old hurt will surface and I will start talking about it with myself!  I can talk myself into being hurt all over again!  The other (an wiser) choice is to SPEAK to the one who is bringing it up!  I say, sorry devil but I have already dealt with that and I do not have to deal with it anymore!  It is done, I have released it and God has taken over that area of my life.  I then can replace any negative feelings with the TRUTH in God's Word!  There is that "renewing the mind" again!  hahaha  The more of God's TRUTH I have planted inside of me the quicker it springs up in my spirit when Satan comes against me! 

As I prepare for my book release I am still releasing parts of my past.  I want to be clear that as I release the hurts of my past I also remember what God has done for me.  I do not tell my story to remember or relive my past.  I share it to give testimony as to what God has done!  I share it to encourage others!  I am living proof that there is nothing The Lord can't do.  He can take the absolute worst things and use it to bring Glory to Him.  He can turn bitterness to JOY and hurt to HEALING.  It is through Daddy God that we receive FREEDOM!

On a book related note; I received notice that I will be receiving the first copy of my book in 10-15 days!  Talk about a journey!  It has been a waiting time and a growing time.  I am so ready for the next phase of this amazing journey!  As soon as I receive my copy of the book it will be available for purchase!  I will share the details on where and how you can get it in the VERY NEAR future!  I am doing most of the promoting on my own so spread the word within your circle =)  Thanks again for all your support through prayers and words of encouragement!  I claim blessings flow through you today!  May we all get SOAKED in the blessing and the LOVE of Daddy God today =) 


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. awesome about your BOOK!!!!!! congrats i know you can't wait to have that 1st copy!!!!

    ReplyDelete