Sunday, April 10, 2011

Excerpt from my book

Today I am sharing an excerpt from my book, "Familiar Stranger; Journal of a Rape Survivor"   that will be released soon.

Each time I take the opportunity to open up and share my story I get a little anxious but I am trusting the Lord Who is leading me,  to cover me and my story with His anointing.  Most of my book is made up of entries into my journal.  I did, however go back and kind of "set up" each section.  This part that I am sharing today is talking about my experience after the rape and my first contact with the police and hospital. 


(Excerpt from, "Familiar Stranger; Journal of a Rape Survivor")

When the police car pulled up, we walked outside. There were two officers, a male and a female. The male officer was the one who asked the questions. The female just sat there. We sat in the car as I gave my report. I didn’t give any details, only that I had been raped by someone I did not know. I said I went with him because I thought he was taking me home. I had not asked to go to his house. I told them he drove a van. I gave them his first name. That is really all I remember in the police car. They then drove me to the hospital. I remember going into an exam room and standing on brown paper to get undressed. They combed my hair into a bag. Scraped under my fingernails. Then came the hard part. The exam itself. I remember being very cold. To the point of shaking. I was already very sore. A lady took photos of me. Without my clothes. They gave me a pill, and a shot, of what I do not remember. They kept my clothes and gave me other clothes to put on. The thing I remember most is that no one touched me unless they were retrieving evidence. No one came in and put their arms around me and said everything was going to be OK. Maybe because it wasn’t. I remember the police talking to me about pressing charges, and if I went to trial whether or not we would use my real name. At first I told them I didn’t care what I had to do, I wanted him to go to jail. I’m not sure what all else happened right after that, but the next thing I can remember is the lady police officer asking me if she could take me home. I said yes, I really just wanted to go home and take a shower. I wanted to see my boyfriend. I was so afraid of how hurt he was going to be.


I really do not know how to end this blog so I will simply sign out with....BLESSED TO BE A BLESSING

No comments:

Post a Comment