Sunday, April 24, 2011

The Stranger in Chruch

So today is Easter Sunday and the people I invited to come today came!  The house was packed out this morning so we were all sitting close =)  Service had started and we were all standing and worshiping when someone tapped me on my shoulder and asked if there were any open seats on our row (I was sitting on the outside).  I looked down the row and every seat was filled but I asked everyone to scrunch up so we made room for a young man who was by himself.  After a few minutes one of the ushers came and added a chair for the young man at the end of our row.  I felt drawn to him for some reason so I asked God to speak to my heart regarding this young man.  We finished singing and sat down for the sermon.  I knew the Lord was drawing my heart to this guy and my heart started to race.  I didn't know what I was supposed to do but I knew there was something.  (I did minister to him but I'm not going to post it for his privacy and because I didn't do it for any recognition).  I only post about this because I believe it encourages others when God moves people in His Name!  And because It was so exciting and I want to share ALL that God is doing in and through me!!! 

Our pastor went on to teach a life changing truth on POWER!  He talked about how we have the power and authority over fear, sin, sickness, satan, and our past!  We have the power to receive and become all that God has created us to be!!!  The number 1 on the list, fear, has always been a big one for me.  In fact, I am a work in progress in the area of fear.  I have to continually renew my mind with what God has to say about me!  (2 Timothy 1:7 and Hebrews 2:14-15).

Just as I heard Daddy God telling me to minister to the stranger sitting beside me today I had to speak to my fear.  I was afraid of saying something to him, would he think I was weird?  I just said to my fear, "You do not control me"! 

After the service I hugged the stranger that had become a part of my journey and told him to be blessed!  I trust that the Lord will complete the work He started.  I trust that God is moving and changing this young man.  I don't know if I will ever see him again but my life was very blessed today for the short time he was in it and my life will be forever changed by the POWER of sowing seed into the life of a stranger =)

BLESSED TO BE A BLESSING!

No comments:

Post a Comment