Thursday, April 21, 2011

Word To Your Mother!

I'm having a hard time focusing this morning!  I have the song, "Ice, Ice Baby" stuck in my head!!  hahahahaha  So just for fun, every time one of my kids asked me a question this morning I would answer with, "word to your mother"!!!!  To my surprise it made things much easier!  Because most of the time when they ask me something they already know the answer, they are just asking to stall or put off completing a chore, or they just want to talk. 

I think maybe my brain is tired because of lack of sleep last night.  Hunter had a soccer game out of town yesterday so I waited up for him to get in.  He came in at midnight and after giving me the highlights of the game I went to bed around 12:30 am.  I thought, oh I am going to get some good sleep tonight because I could hardly hold my eyes open.  As soon as I got settled I realized that I was wide awake!  I have been asking God each night before I go to bed to give me good dreams and visions, so last night (this morning) I tried to get my mind on good dreams and visions.  Then the first storm hit!  Rain, lighting and thunder!  Usually at the first should of thunder my feet hit the floor and I am up walking the house, looking out windows, checking on kids.......but last night I just lay there, calm!  This is not like me at all.  I have come a long way dealing the fear of storms, but this was a new behavior for me.  I then started thanking God for how far He has brought me in dealing with this fear.  It was now somewhere around 2 am!  Then I started doing the math!  hahaha  "If I fall asleep right now, I can get 4 hours of sleep!"  Then the next storm came through.  I never got out of the bed!  The last time I looked at the clock it was 3 AM. 
The next thing I remember is Max shouting for me to GET UP!  It was 6 AM and it was storming AGAIN! 

So my question is, "why in the world did I wake up singing Ice, Ice Baby???!!!" 

It is still pouring down rain and it feels like a cleansing rain.  Maybe I can catch a nap this morning!  Maybe I should just do some "Joy Dancing"  =)    That's the plan.....first a shower then some "joy dancing" with Daddy God!!!   I'm praying for YOU to have a most blessed day!  WORD TO YOUR MOTHER!

BLESSED TO BE A BLESSING!

No comments:

Post a Comment