Friday, April 15, 2011

Happy Anniversary!

Today I thank Daddy God for blessing me with my most perfect helpmate!!!  My Max and I have been married 22 years today =)  We met in December of 1988 when I was working the overnight shift at a convenience store.  Max came in about 3 o'clock in the morning on his way to deer camp with his face covered in camo paint!  haha  We started talking and he stayed there until I got off at 7am!  He took the trash out for me!  What a catch!!  We went out on our first date December 14th, 1988.  We attended my work Christmas party.  From that day we were inseparable!  He asked me to marry him on Valentine's day (1989).  Yes I know we had only known each other 2 months!!!  TRUST ME, everyone let us know that we didn't know what we were doing, and we probably didn't!  We were married Arpil 15th, 1989!  TAX DAY!!  WooHoo

I cannot remember NOT loving Max!  It feels like we have been together for our entire lives.  We "grew up" together during the first 10 years we were married!  We are still growing up! 

I love my Max more everyday!  I love that he loves God.  I love that he loves me.  I love that he loves our son.  I love that he loves the children we care for.  I love how we can just sit beside each other and not have to say a word.  I love how we crank up the radio on road trips and sing old songs.  I love when I hear him call me his bride =)  I love his heart!!!

I have now been married longer than I was single!  (Random I know but that is just how my mind works!)

Loving another person is a choice and I am glad he chose to love me, and I am glad I chose to love him! We make that choice everyday.  God has blessed our obedience to honor HIM in our love.  The One who IS Love connects our hearts. 

God blessed me in a special way when He joined my life with Max's.  He is as much a part of me and I am a part of him.  So today I celebrate LOVE!  TRUE LOVE!  FOREVER LOVE!


April 15, 1989

First year of marriage (why do I look so SAD??!!  hahaa)

One of our MANY photo shoots!  Max just loved these!  haha

                                                                 I LOVE MY MAX =)


                                                                            

So to all those who said it would never last!!  Na, Na, Na, Na, Na!!  Just kidding!  Just futher proof that God STILL performs miracles!

BLESSED TO BE A BLESSING!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry I am late but, Happy Anniversary!! Thanks for sharing the pictures too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad he stopped in at the Road Runner that December long ago.

    ReplyDelete