Sunday, April 17, 2011

My Precious Gift

So today I am editing photos from last nights prom!  SENIOR PROM!  My baby boy will graduate next month!  How in the world did this day come SO FAST??  Kindergarten is still so fresh in my mind! 

When Max and I married we had not even talked about having kids.  I always KNEW I would have a house full but I had also had physical problem that prevented me from getting pregnant.  Max and I were married almost 5 years when I got pregnant with Hunter.  I absolutely LOVED being pregnant!  I loved feeling him like butterflies in my tummy =)  My pregnancy went fine but I had to have a c-section.  He was the most beautiful baby I have ever seen!!!  He was just perfect.  I could not believe how much I loved him!!!  I have always been an overprotective mom!  I took being a mother as a very high calling.  I stayed home with Hunter (I kept a couple of other children so I could stay home).  We were together every minute of every day and I loved it!  When it came time for kindergarten I didn't want to send him.  hahaha  BUT, I did, and he did fine.  I sat around and counted the hours until time to pick him up each day!  (He only went half a day!!) 
Elementary school came and went, and then came middle school!  He was growing up so fast.  The summer between 5th-6th grade we were getting ready to go to church camp (Hunter and I with our church).  The day before we left Hunter had been complaining about his leg.  We thought he had hurt it playing basketball.  I decided to take him for an xray to be safe.  As Hunter and I sat in the room the nurse came in and put the xray up and showed us a spot on his bone and told me to prepare myself for cancer!  WHAT???  Max and I took him to Children's hospital (a couple hours away) and he was diagnosed with a bone tumor.  It had developed in his bone and grown from the inside and fractured the bone from the inside!  We collected ourselves and soon found out it was NOT cancer but they had to watch it.  It continued to grow so he had to have surgery a few months later and he has had no other problems!  PRAISE THE LORD!!!

During that time I could never even imagine my life without Hunter!  I prayed like I have never prayed before and I allowed God to love me through it.  God is Jehovah Rapha, our healer!!!!!!!

With each milestone we have faced with our son there has been joy!  I just love him so much =) 

So here we are face to face with the end of one phase of this precious child's  life and the beginning of another very different phase!  Last year I started dwelling on the end of high school and I was having a really hard time with it!  If I would even think about it I would just break down and cry.  I could not face that I would have to "let him go".  One day I just sat in my living-room (alone, except for God) and had a conversation with my Daddy God!  I told him that I didn't want to dread Hunter's future.  I made a choice that day that I was going to hold the past in my memory with a happy heart and live the now with joy, and look to the future with excitement!  I am so excited to see Hunter continue to grow into the man God created him to be.  It is his destiny to walk in the fullness of Christ and the perfect plan that was set for him before he was even born!!!    God's Hand is all over my baby boy and I am so proud to be his mom. 

So any tears you may see falling from this mother's eyes will be tears that come from a place of pure joy and happiness at the accomplishments so far, and the even greater ones to come in the life of my most precious gift, my son! 


                                                  Hunter (left)  Kindergarten Graduation

                                                        First day of school 7th grade
                                                          (after the bone tumor, boot and crutches!)

                                                 Hunter & Max in Destin (our favorite vacations spot)
                                             Hunter (right) marching in a parade.  He is a BEAST on drums!


                                                    My little man =)  I love him SO MUCH!

                                                        My amazing son, Hunter Max Elrod
                                                                         Senior 2011

BLESSED TO BE A BLESSING!
    

1 comment:

  1. I'm just now reading this. Needles to say there are tears. You, and he, are such a blessing to me. Can't wait to see what life, and God, have in store for my first-born grand! I love you both.

    ReplyDelete