Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Storms

Although I have a hundred topics I want to blog about today my mind is fixed on the weather!  We have had some pretty ugly storms in our area the past couple of weeks and last night was a bit scary!  I acknowledge that I have dealt with my fear of storms (tornadoes) and I have come a very long  from the nights of dragging (and I mean literally dragging) Max and Hunter into the closet during a storm.  I have had full on panic attacks before and during a storm.  I associate storms with the night I was raped because it was storming that night.  In my mind for years storms reminded me of bad things happening.  I believe that was a curse!  The enemy planted that in my mind and it took root deep inside of me.  I have worked really hard at uprooting that lie and as I sit here right now I have all the confidence in the world that I have all authority over that fear.  When the skies go dark and the trees bend from the wind however I seem to shrink down to that girl that has not yet learned she has power! 

Thank God that I know where the fear comes from and that I have found TRUTH to cover the lies.  Satan cannot take my power and authority away but he does try and distract me.  NOT TODAY!  Today I am going to fill myself with God's TRUTH and His truth tells me that fear is a spirit, and it does NOT come from God! 
"For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind." (2 Tim. 1:7)

Talk about God sending a word right on time!  As I was writing this blog (and struggling over my fear and the storms that are predicted for this afternoon and night), God sent a beautiful vessel to speak a word to me!  My friend stopped by and I was telling her what I was blogging about and how I can feel so confident before the storm hits and powerless when it arrives at my front door.  She reminded me of Peter!  How his confidence faded as he took his eyes off of Jesus!  She told  me to keep my eyes on Jesus (and what He has said).  I am so thankful that God sends me friends that know The Word and are not afraid to speak it when needed!!! 

I have a lot to do today and I am praying for the weather to be stable and for no damage or injury to come from any storm that may develop.  I am now going to write a few scriptures down to put in my pocket so I can speak it when needed and share it with those around me =)

Today seems to just be a rambling of thoughts!  BUT, I am strong in the Lord and I claim the truth of 2 Tim. 1:7....I do NOT have a spirit of fear but POWER, and LOVE and A SOUND MIND!!!

BLESSED TO BE A BLESSING!

No comments:

Post a Comment