Saturday, April 23, 2011

SPEAK

Our mouths are containers of much power and they can carry life-giving force or death! 

Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and they who indulge in it shall eat the fruit of it (for death or life).   Proverbs 18:21

Our words not only go out (to affect others), but the bible says that we will eat the fruit of our words, which means we digest our own words!  I have literally spoken myself sick before!  You know, those days when you wake up and you don't feel well.  You start by speaking what you feel.  "I don't feel good", "my back is killing me", my head hurts", "I am so tired".  This list goes on and on!  I learned a while back that there is a difference in FACT and TRUTH.  There are many natural facts in life, but the TRUTH (what God says) always supersedes the facts.  For example, the 'fact" may be that I feel pain in my body, but the "Truth" is, I am healed in the Name of Jesus!  I can start to SPEAK that Truth over myself until the Truth over-rides the fact! 

After I had Hunter I started having migraines.  They always came on really quick and always rendered me helpless.  It would start with my vision going blurry and feeling nauseous, and I would have to take medicine, get in a dark room and close my eyes.  The good thing is they almost always passed pretty fast as long as I treated them immediately.  This went on for months and I finally went to the doctor.  I had to keep a journal of everything I ate, what kind of laundry detergent I used and cleaners I used for a time so that we could figure out what was triggering the headaches.  It was BLEACH!  Every time I would even smell a hint of bleach my vision would start to blur and I would get nauseous, and the migraine would kick in!  So I just avoided bleach as much as possible.  Over the years however there have been times that it was impossible to avoid.  I could walk into someones home or a store and if they had used bleach, bam, migraine!  Last week, Max needed to bleach our kid's bathtubs so he was just going to do it while I was out of the house.  I came home several hours after he used the bleach and as soon as I walked in the back door the smell hit me!  I freaked!  I started trying to figure out where I was going to go to get away from the smell because I did NOT want a headache!  I went into our bedroom and noticed I could not smell it in there.  So I just stayed in my room with the door closed while Max opened windows and aired out the house.  The next morning when I woke up I could "feel" a migraine coming on!  Every time I would blink my eyes, I would see a flash of light and as I got into the shower I was dreading what I knew was coming and I was already preparing myself to be down for the day!  When all of a sudden I thought, wait a minute!  I do not have to accept this!  I have always said, "I'm allergic to bleach" but standing there in the shower, out loud, I SPOKE BACK!  I said, out loud, "I AM NOT ALLERGIC TO BLEACH!"  I said "NO!" 

I spoke it and I believed it and there is nothing "kooky" about it!  It is TRUTH!  Sickness and disease comes from the enemy, NOT God and I do NOT have to take it!  I started singing (I was just singing out of my heart)!  I got out of the shower (withOUT a migraine) and cranked up some praise music!  I started dancing around the house (something I am doing more and more!).  Now I am not going to go out and sniff a bottle of bleach but I will continue to speak healing over myself. 

I can go to The Word and replace every lie of the devil with THE TRUTH of God!  I am learning to keep negative words out of my mouth and speak positive words instead.  Even if I don't feel good, I say, "I am well, and I am blessed".  I am strong, and smart, and I CAN do all things through Christ!  He has called me to do some things that far exceed my natural ability but I don't have to rely on my own ability!  I have Christ living in and through me =)   I am a powerful woman of God! 

The good news for today is that God is no respecter of person, so that means all these things are available to YOU too!  If you are thinking I am a strange lady you are right!  By the worlds standards I am "out there"!  But let me tell ya, there is Joy and peace out here!!!  So, come on out! 


BLESSED TO BE A BLESSING!

No comments:

Post a Comment