Wednesday, April 27, 2011

False Hype

So yesterday got pretty interesting in our area in the way of weather!  We had some storms a couple of days ago and yesterday morning the media started building up all these storms and warning of strong tornadoes.  By early afternoon there were reports of 3 teams of storm chasers headed to our town because we were the "hot spot"!  One of the storm chasers said he was predicting that the storm and it's damage was going to be EPIC!  Local media predicted we were going to have the worst outbreak of tornadoes that we have seen in years! 
All the while, the sun was out and the wind was mild.  It lightly rained of and on during the day. 

We had to take our boys to get haircuts after school.  A few local schools sent the kids home early, and businesses were closing early!  All to go and prepare for these EPIC storms!  I had to take a couple of my kids to the dentist after lunch and all the talk at the dentist office was about the storms that were coming and the storm chaser that were arriving.  I had taken scripture to read while waiting on the boys and I tried not to listen to the other parents talking. 
Later, after school, we all headed to get haircuts and the weather still looked fine.  No dark clouds our heavy rain.  Waiting on the boys to get their hair cut I started looking up the weather.  I kept noticing that I couldn't see anything on the weather map!  The line of storms had not even formed yet and all this hype had put us all on high alert!  Max kept telling me to stop focusing on the news reports.  We came home and lost electricity but the EPIC storms never hit us!  We had been calling them down and claiming Psalm 91 throughout the day and evening.  We cooked outside and played cards using the light from a lantern.  The lights came back on around 10 pm but all the kids had already gone to bed and Max and I went to bed soon after. I  had a really good nights sleep, too =) 

It was so interesting to me how all that hype cause so much fear!  It had not even formed yet but we were putting our faith in the weathermen and other media!  I am certainly a work in progress, growing stronger everyday but I saw first hand yesterday that I do not have to put my faith in man!  I have a knowledge that supersedes this world.  I have God's Truth and all I have to do is stand on that and believe.  God says that He has given ME all authority over the enemy and his destruction!  I do not have to posses fear when I stand up to the enemy!  I have the authority to call for protection over my family and property!  Now, that's some truth that I can build up and it's not just "hype"!  IT IS REAL!  God it real and His Word is real and true =)

Thank You Holy Spirit for living on the inside of me! 

Satan wants to take us out but I for one am going to continue to renew my mind and build my Spirit man STRONG!  I strive to be on guard and ready at all times!  So, when the devil comes to try and destroy I will stand up STRONG and boldly say, "NOT ON MY WATCH!!!!!" 

PSALM  91

1HE WHO [a]dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall remain stable and fixed under the shadow of the Almighty [Whose power NO foe can withstand].
    2I will say of the Lord, He is my Refuge and my Fortress, my God; on Him I lean and rely, and in Him I [confidently] trust!
    3For [then] He will deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the deadly pestilence.
    4[Then] He will cover you with His pinions, and under His wings shall you trust and find refuge; His truth and His faithfulness are a shield and a buckler.
    5You shall not be afraid of the terror of the night, nor of the arrow (the evil plots and slanders of the wicked) that flies by day,
    6Nor of the pestilence that stalks in darkness, nor of the destruction and sudden death that surprise and lay waste at noonday.
    7A thousand may fall at your side, and ten thousand at your right hand, but it shall not come near you.
    8Only a spectator shall you be [yourself inaccessible in the secret place of the Most High] as you witness the reward of the wicked.
    9Because you have made the Lord your refuge, and the Most High your dwelling place,(A)
    10There shall no evil befall you, nor any plague or calamity come near your tent.
    11For He will give His angels [especial] charge over you to accompany and defend and preserve you in all your ways [of obedience and service].
    12They shall bear you up on their hands, lest you dash your foot against a stone.(B)
    13You shall tread upon the lion and adder; the young lion and the serpent shall you trample underfoot.(C)
    14Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore will I deliver him; I will set him on high, because he knows and understands My name [has a personal knowledge of My mercy, love, and kindness--trusts and relies on Me, knowing I will never forsake him, no, never].
    15He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him.
    16With long life will I satisfy him and show him My salvation.


BLESSED TO BE A BLESSING!

No comments:

Post a Comment