Tuesday, April 12, 2011

New Shoes!

There are not too many words that bring the kind of excitement as those two little words, "NEW SHOES"

Can you feel the flutter in your chest right now just thinking about it?!  hahaha  I have had a love affair with shoes since as long as I can remember!  In fact, my earliest memory is going to my Grandmother's house and playing in her shoes!  She had a closet FULL!  She kept them all in their boxes so her only "rule" was that I had to make sure I put them back in the right box and stacked them back like I found them!  This activity lasted for hours!  I would pretend I was different people with each pair I played in. 

Well, over the years I have collected a few of my own shoes!  My husband can not for the life of him understand my love for shoes.  We recently went on a trip (with my son's school band) to Washington DC.  We stayed for 3 nights and as I unpacked our suitcases in the hotel room I realized that without even thinking I had packed NINE pairs of shoes!!  Ok, mybe I have a problem but I will deal with THAT later! 

Several weeks ago in church, out pastor announced that in addition to our regular tithe, we would also have opportunity to give offerings towards our new building.  That day (after giving our tithe) I didn't have any money to give but I wanted to give!  As I dug through my purse thinking I would at the very least fine some change in the bottom, there was not even a penny!  I was holding a pen and looked up at my husband and said, "I do not have anything."  He said, "You have that pen, give it because they will need a pen to sign papers for the new building!"  So, I gave my pen.  The next week I was prepared with my offering but when the time of offering came I heard the Lord tell me to give my shoes!  WHAT???  I tried to ignore it but it was very clear.  Just to give my shoes! I looked down and I had on a really cute pair of shoes, and I thought, there is no way I can give my shoes!  It just didn't make sense to me.  So I gave my money and kept my shoes! 

The next week as soon as Pastor started preparing for the offering I heard the Lord once again ask for my shoes.  But this time He told me to give him my shoes because He had NEW SHOES for me!  This is the message He imparted to me:  "You have been walking this path in YOUR shoes and now it's time to offer your walk up to me and I will give you new shoes to walk a new path, that is My path, it is BIG and it is GOOD!"  
I was shaking and calm all at the same time!  I looked down and I had on the SAME SHOES I had on the week before!  I tried to reason my way out of giving my shoes!  I would be too embarrassed.  What if someone saw me and thought I was crazy.  How am I going to explain walking out of church with NO SHOES?  As the bucket got closer to me I slipped my shoes off and sat them down beside me (almost sitting on them).  My heart was about to beat out of my chest!  When the bucket got to me I put them in and passed it very quickly!  I could see one of my boys who was sitting beside me with his mouth wide open in disbelief at what he had just seen!  I leaned over and told him not to say a word!  hahaa  I knew in an instant that I had obeyed God and that there was nothing that could convince me otherwise!  I felt a power come over me and a closeness to my Daddy God who I knew was going to take care of everything!!! 

As I reflected over this I am settled in myself that Daddy God loves me more than I can imagine.  He has a plan for me.  He spoke to me in a language only I would understand.  He instructed me to give of something that has way more value that a pair of shoes.  See, the physical giving up of my shoes was just an act of obedience.  It was "my" path!  It was "me" trying to make sure everything worked out.  It was giving up my own walk and walking in a complete trust in the ONE that already holds my past, present and future! 

I have learned (well, I am still learning) that when God speaks to me to move, I MOVE, and TRUST HIM to the details!  Then enemy tries to throw all the details up in my face but God already has that!  If He instructs us to move, that is really all we need to know!   Obedience always brings a blessing =)

BLESSED TO BE A BLESSING!

No comments:

Post a Comment